Introduction to Shaping
In our full day introduction to shaping workshop you will learn about all the tools needed and each of the stages of creating your dream surfboard from scratch.
Throughout the day we will cover :
- Introduction and safety in the shaping bay
- How to design your board - making a template, designing the rocker, rails, bottom contours and fin placement with a look into computer design using free programs.
- The materials you will need - what types of blanks are available and which ones to use, learn about all the tools needed and why, look at space design including shaping stands and lighting.
- Practical hands-on experience using all the tools on a new blank.
- Explanation of the finishing process
Spaces are limited to four people per course, the price of the workshop includes the tutor fee, all materials, protective gear, lunch, a coffee and a slice of cake.
Make sure to bring a notepad, camera, water bottle and all your questions!
Please note that the shaping bay can get very dusty, we recommend you to wear clothes that can get dirty, preferably covering your legs and arms and you must wear closed toe shoes and a dust mask (that we provide) whilst in the shaping bay.
If you wish to buy this for someone else you can either notify us via email after purchase or otherwise you can purchase a digital gift card which can be used online to book any event, workshop, skate pass or purchase from the online shop.
You Might Also Like
03 Dec 2022 at 10:00AM + 11 more dates
Introduction to Ceramics
An introduction to working with clay! You will have a go on the wheel and learn about each stage of making your own ceramics. All materials included
10 Dec 2022 at 02:30PM
Jewellery Workshop with Suzannah Key
Learn to hand-make a timeless piece of jewellery for yourself or for someone special!
04 Dec 2022 at 06:00PM
FILM! Vans Presents 'Arnow', a film about big wave surfer Tom Lowe, Directed by Jack Whitefield
From unlikely beginnings in a small, Cornish fishing town to charging some of the biggest waves in the world – just who is Tom Lowe and what drives him?