Introduction to Shaping
In our full day introduction to shaping workshop you will learn about all the tools needed and each of the stages of creating your dream surfboard from scratch.
Throughout the day we will cover :
- Introduction and safety in the shaping bay
- How to design your board - making a template, designing the rocker, rails, bottom contours and fin placement with a look into computer design using free programs.
- The materials you will need - what types of blanks are available and which ones to use, learn about all the tools needed and why, look at space design including shaping stands and lighting.
- Practical hands-on experience using all the tools on a new blank.
- Explanation of the finishing process
Spaces are limited to four people per course, the price of the workshop includes the tutor fee, the materials, protective gear, lunch, a coffee and a slice of cake.
Make sure to bring a notepad, camera, water bottle and all your questions!
Please note that the shaping bay can get very dusty, we recommend you to wear clothes that can get dirty, preferably covering your legs and arms and you must wear closed toe shoes and a dust mask (that we provide) whilst in the shaping bay.
If you wish to buy this for someone else you can either notify us via email after purchase or otherwise you can purchase a digital gift card which can be used online to book any event, workshop, skate pass or purchase from the online shop.
You have 14 days from booking this workshop in which to cancel and receive a full refund, if you have booked last minute and there are less than 14 days before the date of the class no refund of exchange will be offered, but you can transfer the booking to a person of your choice to take your place.
Please note, this is an 'Introduction to Shaping' workshop covering the theory and practical of shaping a board, you will not be leaving with your own finished board at the end of the day.
You Might Also Like
02 Mar 2024 at 02:00PM + 17 more dates
Introduction to Ceramics
An introduction to working with clay! You will have a go on the wheel and learn how to make your own ceramics. Select the date from the dropdown below.
No upcoming events
Christmas Wreath Workshop *SOLD OUT*
Get in the festive mood and learn how to create your own Christmas wreath from scratch!
No upcoming events
Farm Tour with Robyn
Join our monthly farm tour with Robyn! More information below